Printings of the 4th edition of Friendly Chemistry made in 2016 contained some errors. As errors were identified, they were immediately corrected and the new version sent to our printing service. You very likely have a version with very few mistakes, if any. However, if you find what you feel is incorrect, please check through the list below first. If you don't find your item listed here, please contact us for assistance. We continually update this list and thank our users for helping us improve our products. Send your inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ERRATA FOR 4TH EDITION
- Lesson 8, Element Family Practice 2, #1. Silicon is a member of the carbon family. This information was given in a prior edition of Friendly Chemistry.
- Lesson 19 Annotated Solutions Manual - annotated solutions for empirical formula problems are now available. Request these if needed.
- Lesson 21 Test, #2. Subscripts of twos were omitted following nitrate on reactant and product side in solution to this question.
- Lesson 22 Test, #5. Solution should read 6.5 moles hydrogen cyanide.
- Lesson 23, Practice 1, #3. Solution should read 50.22 grams.
- Lesson 9, Chart of Ionization Energy values, 5th column, "rhenium" should instead be "rhodium."
- The element calcium, symbol Ca, was omitted from the list of elements found on page 12 of the Volume 1 of the Teacher's edition as well as page S4 of the Student Textbook.